History & Bible only for HOD HS

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LovemyARC

History & Bible only for HOD HS

Post by LovemyARC » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Before we were thinking of choosing HOD for our history program, I signed my dd up for an online English 1 class for 9th grade. I don't really want to drop the class because I'll lose a portion of the $ I paid for it and, honestly, I just wanted another person's input on paper-grading at this level to make sure she's writing at a proper level to prepare for college (I'm a math person, not English person). In any case, I love the look of the History, Bible, Logic & Math. So, my questions are, 1) Can the history and literature be separated? 2) If so, what do I order? Do I order the Economy package and the living library (are all these books for history only)? 3) When I follow the guide, does she just do the Geography, Living Library and World Religion sections (and Bible, Math & Logic)? Thank you for your help.

StephanieU

Re: History & Bible only for HOD HS

Post by StephanieU » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Have you looked at the sample week of WG (http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/WGSampleWeek.pdf)? You will see that English is two boxes, and they are separate from the rest of the guide. It is easy to do a different English or math or elective, etc with HOD. As for ordering, you will also notice that English has its own packages. You just won't purchase these. The living library is more history than anything, although it is literature as well. It isn't for credit, but they are quality books that reinforce what is covered in the history portion of the guide.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

LovemyARC

Re: History & Bible only for HOD HS

Post by LovemyARC » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:22 am

That helps, thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overloading her with books that weren't meant for history!