Help me decide-ready to place order!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sunshinestatemom

Help me decide-ready to place order!

Post by sunshinestatemom » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi Ladies
I am almost ready to place my order for preparing :D .I am on a strict budget.I plan to get the economy package and the science add on.Is this all that is covered in the guide? Or do I need to purchase another set that is required?? I want to get the necessities to go with the guide as of right now.............Unless you think a certain item is a must have....

water2wine

Re: Help me decide-ready to place order!

Post by water2wine » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 pm

It is all in the guide but for a strict budget you have the program covered. You will just skip the Storytime box and most of the Independent Box however just check now and then because there are still things you can do. There is a cd that goes with Bible that I think you might want called Lead Me to The Rock. But other than that (and you can opt not to have that if you want certainly), you have the basic program. HTH :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carly

Post by Carly » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:42 am

We'll probably go with the Economy package too.
It's the foundational pieces of Preparing.

Also..WTW...

Which books are in the "Storytime box"??
Just wondering.
Thanks...

Carly

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:28 am

Carly wrote: Also..WTW...
Which books are in the "Storytime box"??
Just wondering.

Those are BASIC PACKAGE - $90.83 $81.75 (Save $9.08) [Add to Cart] Meant to add to the Economy Package. Provides read-alouds that correspond to the history study. This package is highly recommended, unless you need to economize.

See them just below the Science Adder. The other two packages are extension packs that provide independent reading that corresponds to everything being studied. HTH :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carly

Post by Carly » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:54 pm

THANKS!

Carly

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:14 pm

You ladies are so wonderful about helping one another! You've got it all right too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:10 am

If you have a good library system you might be able to find the storytime books there. Our county library doesn't have alot of these, but we are able to borrow books from most of the libraries in the state through interlibrary loan. You might check with your librarian and find out if you can do that and whether or not you could do it online.
:D