ACE Biology vs. Apologia

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
HappyMama

ACE Biology vs. Apologia

Post by HappyMama » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:51 am

Hello!

I noticed that Carrie has scheduled ACE Biology for science in the World History guide and when I looked at samples of the PACES, they do look quite good. But I also know that many homeschoolers use and love Apologia for Biology and I'm wondering why Carrie chose to use ACE over Apologia for Biology?

Thanks!

~Sara

momtofive

Re: ACE Biology vs. Apologia

Post by momtofive » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am

Carrie shared about her choices for each of the high school guides, found at the top of the message board. Since she says it best, I'll link that sneak peek for you....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14746
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 am

My son enjoyed ACE Biology very much! The readings were narrative and kept to a manageable amount each day. I was also very thankful for the DVDs, as they helped him hear how to properly pronounce all of the scientific terminology accurately, as well as gave bright visual content to watch to support the readings. I also liked that he could watch the labs and have it count for biology with lab. If we'd wanted to do the labs more hands-on, Carrie gave info on what to order, but we chose not to do that. It was a great year in Biology for our son! HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jellybeanmum

Post by jellybeanmum » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:36 am

Oh, I really appreciate this question & answer. :)