What do you use for grammar in the "Beyond"?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

What do you use for grammar in the "Beyond"?

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:27 pm

I see R&S 2 in Bigger?

Thanks,
Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:42 pm

The LA (spelling, grammar, writing, copywork, poetry, and elements of reading) are all included! What a deal! :D I'm going to use this next year for 1st and 2nd graders and I can't wait.

I hope someone actually using it already will chime in...I'm sure I'm leaving out something....

Melanie
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Oh Good! :!:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

netpea

We are using it.

Post by netpea » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 am

We are using Beyond. Grammar and spelling are written into the manual. Some comes from copywork. We also use my sons grammar book from a former curriculum because he likes it. It is a good book called Primary Language Lessons. But you don't have to add anything to the manual. It's already in there.

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:34 am

hmmm, i'm not at that stage yet, but i'm planning on using Simply Grammar by Karen Andreola along with the DITHOR book and others

i'm not a R&S fan, but maybe i'll take another look at it when our time comes :wink:
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Or you can go the No grammar route. Some kids just don't get grammar at an early age. But Carrie hits em so well with such good lit. and poetry ect. that they will get a good foundation in what a good sentence sounds like.

Charlotte Mason is not big on hitting them with any grammar early. I remember at a Conference, she said something to the effect of "Try it if they like it go for it. If they don't then don't bother it will go in one ear and out the other. Wait till they are older when they can grasp it better."
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫