Write with the Best Vol. 1 used twice with same child?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gods servant

Write with the Best Vol. 1 used twice with same child?

Post by Gods servant » Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 am

Has anyone used Write with the Best Vol. 1 twice with the same child? I'm thinking of placing my soon to be 10yo ds in Bigger this fall and my 12yo dd in Rev to Rev, but I was considering combining them to both write with WWTB vol. 1. If I did that, my 10yo would come across WWTB again in CTC. I was wondering if his writing would be just that much more improved when he gets there, or if it would be too redundant. Any thoughts on that?
20 dd (Homeschool Graduate at San Diego Christian College Psych.)
17 ds (Jr. in high school)
14 dd (MTMM)
12 ds (RTR)
8 dd (MFW Adv in US History)
Married for 24 years to wonderful dh
Used: LHTH, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, WG

MelInKansas

Re: Write with the Best Vol. 1 used twice with same child?

Post by MelInKansas » Sun May 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I think he might be bored with it if he repeated it. Just my 2c. I also think it might be too easy for a 12 year old in Rev to Rev.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Write with the Best Vol. 1 used twice with same child?

Post by Carrie » Wed May 24, 2017 9:34 am

I would do the writing that is scheduled within the guides for each of your kiddos. Revival to Revolution uses The Exciting World of Creative Writing, and Bigger uses copywork and Rod and Staff English for its core composition assignments. Each guide has writing that is designed to fit the age and skill level of the students in that guide. :D

Blessings,
Carrie