Common Place Book

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jellybeanmum

Common Place Book

Post by jellybeanmum » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:08 am

We're using Res to Ref & I'm just curious when/where the mention of using the common place book pops up.

My son picked out a special book for this & then when he sat down to do work today I handed him one I'd picked out {blank sketch type book for the science..} & I had to assure him his special notebook would still be used, but then I faltered because I was like, "In um.. well I don't actually know for sure, but you WILL get to use it!" :oops: :D :P

daybreaking

Re: Common Place Book

Post by daybreaking » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 am

Once a week, the students will copy their Scripture memory selection into their Common Place Book. If you take a look at the sample week, you can find the instructions under "Bible Quiet Time" on Day 4. :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd17

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm

There are assignments for the Common Place book, mostly copying the memory verse(s) memorized. I believe when they memorize a poem they copy that in there as well. But I read a really good explanation of what the Common Place book was for and so I have encouraged my kids to do this: it's basically for quotes you want to remember and things you want to study. It's not for your own writing, it's not a journal, but it's a place to keep things you come across that you want to remember for a long time.

You definitely don't want to put the daily assignments in there or it will fill up!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

jellybeanmum

Post by jellybeanmum » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks Ladies. :)

Melissa, yes I did tell him that is what a Common Place Book is typically for, but I wasn't sure what day it popped up for "official" use. ;)