Microphysci kit in World geography

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Laura O.

Microphysci kit in World geography

Post by Laura O. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 am

Are there enough supplies in the kit that I can use it for my ds after my dd finishes with it? Or do I need to order the whole kit again?

Thanks!
Laura~in Japan
4dc:
Leah ~CtC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM and now WG
Rhys ~ BHFHG, PHFHG, ,CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev
Levi ~ LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG and now CTC
Emma LHTH, LHFHG and now BLHFHG
dh~together for 19 years :)

chillin'inandover

Re: Microphysci kit in World geography

Post by chillin'inandover » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Laura O,
According to the MicroPhySci website there are enough supplies to do the experiments 5 times. From my experience you can repeat the experiments but not at the same time. In our co op we needed multiple sets even though we only had 5 students. Hope that answers your question. I see you are in Japan. I have a daughter there.
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 29 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 28 Master in TESL, Lead ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2

Laura O.

Post by Laura O. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It was very helpful!!

You have a daughter in Japan? Does she like it here?My parents are missionaries here, so I have lived in Japan most of my life. We all love it here. Is she on the main island of Honshu? We are in Kyushu.

Thanks again!
Laura~in Japan
4dc:

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Laura O,
Wow, my daughter is also on Kyushu in Kumamoto. She has enjoyed her time in Japan despite being in the devastating earthquake (7.6) last April. She has always loved Japan. In the World Geography World Religion course there is a book, Japan Diary, that was somewhat difficult to read. It's hard having my daughter so far away. Although she is not a missionary, Japan is where God has called her. We've hosted Japanese university students from Tokyo and Kumamoto for 6 years and have learned about their culture. I now have a better understanding about the culture and religion of Japan because of HOD. We love the opportunity to share Jesus and attend church with the university students. They have a real hunger to know Jesus. Blessings on your year in World Geography. We are enjoying it.
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 29 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 28 Master in TESL, Lead ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2

Laura O.

Post by Laura O. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:03 am

Tammy,
Wow, your daughter is in Kumamoto?? That is where we are! We experienced the earthquake too. It was very hard, but we have been blessed. That is amazing all the wonderful opportunities you have had to minister to the Japanese even from America. It is hard to live so far away from your family. Growing up on the missionfield I was always far from my relatives. But I have always considered myself blessed and love that my children can grow up learning of both cultures.

Thanks again for your help. I can't believe that your daughter is so close to me :D
Laura~in Japan
4dc: