Updates for Beefing up guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
faroutback

Updates for Beefing up guides

Post by faroutback » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 am

In searching the board for guidance in beefing up and trying to understand more about the high school route, I have come across more information that is not linked to the "beefing up" topic threads. I am afraid I don't know how to link them and I did not take notes of where to find them, just the information. Some of them were more recent and Carrie gives reference to having worked through the high school guides and completing one and how this has changed how she views the high school credit worthiness of some subjects like in RevtoRev and MTMM. I was wondering if maybe Carrie would be up to sharing this insight on the beefing up topic now that she has completed the high school guides once convention season is over?

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Updates for Beefing up guides

Post by Carrie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:35 am

This is a good idea! I updated a couple of links this morning in the beefing up thread for Rev2Rev and MTMM. I know there are more, but for now these will help a bit. Eventually, we will definitely work on updating those threads to better reflect current information on the guides now that the path through high school is almost completely done! :)

The ladies on the board can update those links too, if you happen to find any you'd like added. :D It's an open thread.

Blessings,
Carrie

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you so much!

Home_Mama

Post by Home_Mama » Thu May 04, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm sorry, Carrie, I see where you updated the 'beefing up" thread for Rev2Rev but I can't find an updated thread for MtM. Am I missing it?
Karla
DD 13 doing RtR
DS 11 doing CtC

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 am

Possibly doing a search for beefing up MTMM might turn up some helpful posts. Otherwise, there is a lot of posts about MTMM if you click on 'board index' at the top left of your screen. Then scroll down past Main Board and Week in Review and you should find one for MTMM. Click on that and it will open archived threads for that guide, and if I'm not mistaken, there's some info on beefing up that guide. Hope you find what you need! Blessings! ;)

Editing to add.....here's a link to some info from the beefing up thread on the main page...viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11148
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Sat May 06, 2017 10:21 am

Now that I am taking time to look I am having trouble finding the thread as well, thanks for noticing Home_Mama. I posted the question after searching through posts for beefing up MTMM and noticing the recommendations changed as Carrie was able to complete the high school guides. She also mentioned that early on they would err on the safe side of having more than not enough. Also, she said that as she completed the HS guides she saw how RevtoRev and MTMM were strong enough in certain subjects 'as is' to claim credit. I was hoping for those final recommendations for beefing up and credit worthiness.

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:56 am

Bump

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am

Ladies,

Here is the thread link I updated for Rev2Rev (scroll down to read my thoughts for each subject): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17256&p=120047

Here are a few thread links I updated for MTMM:
Making MTMM Economics high school credit-worthy: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17135&p=119497

Literature for MTMM for a high school student: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16631&p=116687

Options for using MTMM for high school literature and science: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17128&p=119558

Hope this helps a bit for now!

Blessings,
Carrie

faroutback

Post by faroutback » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 am

Thank you so much, Carrie.