US 2 guide science question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sweetsimplelife

US 2 guide science question

Post by sweetsimplelife » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi! Just curious, although we are not there yet, what types of written work are in the new US 2 guide for science? I know that the IPC and Biology have workbook-type pages to fill out and the chemistry has printable worksheets as well. I did a search and didn't see anything on the US 2 guide. Just wondering how that will be handled for that year. Thanks! :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: US 2 guide science question

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:07 am

Great question! :D The Astronomy portion of the science has vocabulary words to define, questions to answer, discussion questions to discuss with a parent, accompanying labs to perform, and corresponding readings and video segments with some note-taking. The Geology/Paleontology portion has in-depth reading, vocabulary, quizzes, accompanying videos, note-taking, labs, and activities.

My son is really enjoying the science in US2! He is currently examining fossils and reading Fossils, Dinosaurs, and Cave Men. 8) Fascinating!!

Blessings,
Carrie

sweetsimplelife

Post by sweetsimplelife » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks so much, Carrie! :D

Is the written work done on worksheets, or will be they be doing them in lined notebooks?

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:46 pm

You caught me on the board, so I'll quickly answer. The students will do both. Much of the Astronomy is worksheet-based with some note-taking in a notebook. The Geology/Paleontology is more within a notebook. The lab results are recorded in a lab manual. There are also accompanying questions, tables to record data, space for needed sketches, and guidance toward noting conclusions within the lab manual. :D

Blessings,
Carrie