Mom Crying During School!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrsrandolph

Mom Crying During School!!

Post by mrsrandolph » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Between reading about Bonhoeffer in Rescue and Redeem (MTMM) and Summer Of The Monkeys (CTC), I cried all through homeschool!!
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

Nealewill

Re: Mom Crying During School!!

Post by Nealewill » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 am

Yeah, my kids always look at me like I am crazy when I start crying LOL. I was reading the end of Seaman and nothing sad even happened. My dd started laughing at me to my face LOL.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

mrsrandolph

Post by mrsrandolph » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:31 pm

There are SO many touching stories. And I had read Summer Of The Monkeys when my 1st 2 went through CTC, so I KNEW I would end up crying. And it's like I read ahead and see what's coming s a boo hoo!! When Jay Berry's Dad says, "You grew ten feet tall today"...that KILLS me!!

Under The Hawthorne Tree in MTMM was tough and so was Mama's Bank Account, but I love them ALL!!
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

sarah_smile81

Post by sarah_smile81 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Same here!! Many of the books are so good! My kids have this little look that they give me now, when they can tell that the tears are going to start flowing, which usually makes us all laugh. :lol:
~ Sarah :D

Mama of three:
*12 yr old son - Rev to Rev & DITHOR 6/7/8 (completed Res to Ref & DITHOR 4/5)
*8 yr old daughter - Bigger & DITHOR 2/3 (completed Beyond)
*2.5 yr old daughter - Little Hands ages 2/3 options

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 am

Me too! Most recent one for me was War Horse in MTMM. There were times when I could hardly get the words out from fighting back tears! Dd just giggled at me. :lol:
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/