Using Beyond for 8yo 3rd grader

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofmany

Using Beyond for 8yo 3rd grader

Post by mommyofmany » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:41 pm

My dd will turn 8 at the end of June and we're planning to start Beyond in August. Her sister will be 6 in April and I'd like to keep them together. I did check the placement chart and they should place in Beyond nicely (I've previously used it with my 11yo). I know Bigger would be way too much writing for my rising 3rd grader. My question is- do I add Rod and Staff English 2 (or even 3) to my 8yo schedule or just do the LA that's in the guide? She uses CLE LA 2 right now and is very bright but has trouble writing for any length of time. I'm fine with doing lessons orally!
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

my3sons

Re: Using Beyond for 8yo 3rd grader

Post by my3sons » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi Emily! I would add R & S 2 daily for your 8 yo. She can do most of it orally, but I would choose one small section for her to write in preparation for R & S English 3. Hope that helps!

In Christ,
Julie Grosz
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mommyofmany

Re: Using Beyond for 8yo 3rd grader

Post by mommyofmany » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Thank you Julie! I'll add R&S 2 when I place my order this spring/summer! :)
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7