Resurrection to reformation mid year

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
PoppyD

Resurrection to reformation mid year

Post by PoppyD » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi ladies
I think I've finally realized that I definitely made a mistake by not doing Res to Ref this year. We did CtC last year and were going to take a year off and use something else and back to HOD next year. But my daughter isn't really learning anything. I'm considering ordering the TM for Res to Ref and maybe some of the texts. Not the notebooking pages, the audio of Diana Waring or the readers. Basically just the core history readings. I have a few readers from the other curriculum that I could insert in to broaden the study. But I just can't buy it all. I'm wondering mainly if I need MOH volume 3. We just finished the time of Queen Eleanor and Louis/Henry and then John and Richard. I want to finish in May so don't want to start at the beginning. Is this a crazy idea? Should I just stick with what we have and wait until next year?
Thanks!
2016/2017 Preparing - 3rd grade daughter

PoppyD

Re: Resurrection to reformation mid year

Post by PoppyD » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:48 pm

I just looked at the table of contents and I think I would be at roughly unit 12.

PoppyD

Post by PoppyD » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:57 pm

Never mind. I think I figured things out.

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:25 am

I am glad you figured out what you are going to do. It looks like MOH starts in unit 15. And the Apologia science book (I think) ends in unit 14. This would give you 20 weeks of school to do after Christmas. That is where we are too. We will be starting unit 15 after the Christmas break as well.

Good luck to you.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM