Grading advice needed for Geometry: A Guided Inquiry!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lmercon

Grading advice needed for Geometry: A Guided Inquiry!

Post by lmercon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Advice needed from anyone using Geometry: A Guided Inquiry w/ Math Without Borders.
How are you getting grades? There are no quizzes or tests. There is a review after each section, but they are more like practice questions. My son is loving this program, and I want to stick with it, but I need some tangibles to grade. He's completely independent, so I feel like I'm totally out of the loop, which doesn't help matters. Thoughts?
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

swansonacad

Re: Grading advice needed for Geometry: A Guided Inquiry!

Post by swansonacad » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:51 pm

I am curious about this as well. I'm trying to plan for next year, but I have no idea how to grade this Geometry course. Any advice?

dianeh47

Re: Grading advice needed for Geometry: A Guided Inquiry!

Post by dianeh47 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:45 am

Ladies,
I graded the chapter review as test scores. I also factored in the chapter reading, watching the videos
and the chapter questions that he completed in his composition book. I hope that helps.
Blessings,
Diane

Began HOD in 8/2008
Joel -18 US2 History