BOOK LIST???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sunshinestatemom

BOOK LIST???

Post by sunshinestatemom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm

This may be a silly question,but does anyone know the specific books I need to have for using Preparing? Not the LA,Math ect.The science and history ect.I have looked in the book shop but am getting confused on which ones are needed for which manual?? :oops: I plan to buy the manual this friday when I get paid and also the books I need.I wanted to check first to see if the needed books- we already have or the library has and the ones we dont order with the manual to save on shipping.Can anyone help??

Blessings
Elizabeth <><
Mom to a horse lover,2 cuddly cats,and 1 huggable minpin!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: BOOK LIST???

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm

Elizabeth,

The book shop is for moms who are putting together book packages for Drawn into the Heart of Reading. It is also for moms who are customizing their read-alouds for Beyond or Bigger.

The Book Shop is not helpful for Preparing Hearts. For Preparing Hearts, you'll need the books listed in the Economy Package for sure and the Science Adder also. If you want the read-alouds that correspond with Preparing, you'll also need the Basic Package.

If you have an older child that you are extending the Preparing... readings for, then you will need the Extension Package. For a 3rd/4th grader, you can add the Deluxe Package if finances permit.

Here's the link to the packages page:
http://www.heartofdakota.com/preparing- ... ckages.php

Blessings,
Carrie

sunshinestatemom

Post by sunshinestatemom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Thank you Carrie! :oops: I was looking in the total wrong place.I have a big wish list I compiled from HOD :lol: I plan on ordering in intervals as finances allow.Hopefully we will be ready to start in Sept.I ordered the Preparing guide this am and look foward to reading it ! Thank you for replying!
Blessings
Elizabeth

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Elizabeth,

Glad to help! :D Happy reading!

Blessings,
Carrie