MtMM Presidents Study Change

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Homeschooln2qts

MtMM Presidents Study Change

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:26 pm

I noticed after looking through the MtMM materials I have for my dd to use soon that I used a couple of years ago with my ds that the History Channel Presidents DVD set and Our Presidents: Their Lives and Stories book have changed to something different on the website now. Does anyone know if these are the same resources, but just newer additions and if they are much different? I didn't see an update on it in the updates section. Thanks!
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

StephanieU

Re: MtMM Presidents Study Change

Post by StephanieU » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 pm

Here are the descriptions Carrie lists on the MtMM packages page:
The Big Book of Presidents
Author - Nancy J Hajeski
Bibliographic Data - 144 pages
Description:
The president has been the figurehead of the United States since the time when our country was a small band of thirteen fledgling colonies until its current position as a world superpower. The forty-four leaders of our nation have had fascinating, exciting, and sometimes scandalous lives. The Big Book of Presidents illustrates each president’s journey to the White House through facts, anecdotes, illustrations, photographs, inspirational quotes, and more!
Find out which president had a faithful dog named Fala, who was the only unmarried president, and which president’s daughter carried around her pet snake in the White House in this fun and fascinating overview of our country’s leaders.
Bestselling author Nancy J. Hajeski not only provides engaging information about each president, but also includes timelines of US and world events that place each president’s term in office in a historical context. She also provides useful facts about the White House, Congress, the Supreme Court, presidential assassinations, the first ladies, the vice presidents, and more to help broaden kids’ understanding of our government and the president’s role within in. With updated information on President Barack Obama, this is the perfect introduction to the lives and characters of the US presidents.

The Ultimate Guide to the Presidents - DVD
Author - History Channel
Bibliographic Data - DVD - Approximate Running Time - 6 Hours
Description:
America's unique form of democracy separates power among three branches of government: the legislative, judicial and executive. The President of the United States, who heads the executive branch, holds the position that most embodies the aspirations of the American people. Join HISTORY(R) for a fresh perspective on how the Oval Office has evolved over the past 200 years through stories about and learn about the 43 men who have served as Commander in Chief -- from George Washington to Barack Obama. This 6-hour miniseries concentrates on the ebbs and flows of presidential power and responsibilities as each of America's leaders deal with the events, expectations and challenges of his time

Looks like the DVD should be the same based on that.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

mom2samlibby

Post by mom2samlibby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:36 pm

I believe the materials were updated with the addition of Obama.
Have used:
Bigger, Preparing, CTC
Son, 17, with dyslexia, doing MtMM with extensions
Daughter, 14, using Rev to Rev with extensions

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Yes! There is a new Presidents' book and a new DVD set. Both are completely different products from those that we originally scheduled in MTMM, due to the fact that the original resources we scheduled are both out of print now. When you purchase the new Presidents' book and new DVD set from Heart of Dakota you receive our new schedule free along with your purchase. :D Here is a link to the page where you can order the resources. Link: http://www.heartofdakota.com/missions-t ... ckages.php

They are available for purchase individually and are shown in the Economy Package section of our website. Here are the descriptions: http://www.heartofdakota.com/missions-t ... presidents

Blessings,
Carrie

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks so much for clarifying that, Carrie! Blessings to you!
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/