Mission to Modern Marvels

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Momof1DD

Mission to Modern Marvels

Post by Momof1DD » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Could you please give me a guide on what to expect schedule wise for my 8th grader as we begin this year? We are new to HOD. I have chosen my own science, grammar and English programs and am using VideoText for her math. Thank you so much!

sahervey

Re: Mission to Modern Marvels

Post by sahervey » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:40 am

If you're wondering about how long it will take, there's a post listing how long each subject should take. I don't have the link though.
Amy
Married to a Navy Chaplain
Mom to 4: Addie, Joel, Silas, and Lincoln
AH2
World History
MtMM
Bigger

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 pm

This post has the times per box, which should help you.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093&start=150#p98607
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:25 pm

There is a wonderful thread called "Let's Share Our Schedules" where moms share their schedules/routines, and you can look at some of the MTMM ones specifically...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093

Also, here is my schedule 4 years' back I used with my 3 sons (Wyatt was the son doing MTMM at that time)...

Here is Carrie's past schedule for doing MTMM with Shaw who is now a 12th grader...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093&p=109906

Obviously, we used all of HODs recommendations for each subject area, so our time allotments for the day fit with those shared in this thread already. If the subjects you have substituted something else for take longer than the suggested time allotments for HODs resources in those areas, your day will be longer. HTH as you look forward to a wonderful year with MTMM!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie