a level between little hands and little hearts

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jmh

a level between little hands and little hearts

Post by jmh » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:59 pm

I did most of Little Hands with my 3 year old daughter. And she loved it. It was like we were playing. But I was wondering if anyone else would love for there to be another program between little hands and little hearts!

There is such a big jump between these two levels! I would love another preschool or kindergarten level.

Ijust finished Beyond with my 7 year old son and we loved it. But there are a lot of Pilgrims!

rumkimom

Re: a level between little hands and little hearts

Post by rumkimom » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:09 am

I am not sure how much those little ones remember....but you could just re-do LHTH again. :)
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

raindrops

Re: a level between little hands and little hearts

Post by raindrops » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:45 am

Maybe she will someday. Lots of people ask for it. I know she is super busy now though, with the HS guides.

We just filled in the time with lots of Rod and Staff workbooks. She likes the workbooks and being read to. My son on the otherhand, wouldn't have wanted to do extra workbooks. Lots of free play and being read to worked for him. Also, you could do half paced LHFHG and use extra library books to extend the time you do school each day. I really like the extra Rod and Staff books because the more practive writing numbers amd letters, the better, at least for us. (tendency to write them backwards) Also you can do A reason for handwriting K and then the next level up, Manuscript A. Oh, and of course you can go full speed with phonics, or whatever pace you need. Then you have some wiggle room to add in extra low level readers at the end of The Reading Lesson/phoics study. This is what I am doing with Daughter anyhow. I felt rushed with my son, like we needed to get LHFHG done in a year, no time for breathers. LOL. I just like the easy and relaxed pace I am doing with Daughter now, by stretching LHFHG out a bit.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG