Beyond storytime books

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sierra1410

Beyond storytime books

Post by Sierra1410 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Hi all!

I know a couple titles were changed for the storytime portion. I have a opertunity to purchase a lot with the guide and "boys interest" book set. But it is before the two titles were changed. I would like to order the two titles currently suggested on the website. The lady said they are scheduled into the guide? Is there a way to get the updated page numbers for the current books? Hope this makes sense. It is the 2006 guide. That is the most current right? I'm not sure when the story time books were changed

Thank you!
Married to a wonderful man! Blessed mama to 4 miracles
DS6 LHFHG (some LHTH activities)
DD4 LHTH and LHFHG
DD2 LHTH
DS baby- wide eyes observer! Lol :shock: :lol:

StephanieU

Re: Beyond storytime books

Post by StephanieU » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:02 pm

In Beyond (and Bigger), the storytime books are specifically scheduled. Instead, Carrie lets you pick a book for each genre. There are the three that are in the HOD packages (classic, boy and girl) and normally 1-2 other suggestions in the appendix. You pick on book per genre, and then divide the book into 20 day of reading (either by page number or chapters). Each day in the guide, there are instructions for discussion/activities, but they aren't specific to any one book.

Does that make sense?
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:26 pm

StephanieU wrote:In Beyond (and Bigger), the storytime books are specifically scheduled. Instead, Carrie lets you pick a book for each genre. There are the three that are in the HOD packages (classic, boy and girl) and normally 1-2 other suggestions in the appendix. You pick on book per genre, and then divide the book into 20 day of reading (either by page number or chapters). Each day in the guide, there are instructions for discussion/activities, but they aren't specific to any one book.

Does that make sense?
re: bolded ... For clarification, I think StephanieU meant to say "are NOT specifically scheduled"
Last edited by daybreaking on Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd17

Sierra1410

Post by Sierra1410 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Ok! Thank you both so much!!! StephanieU, looks like we have some kiddos the same age! :D
Married to a wonderful man! Blessed mama to 4 miracles
DS6 LHFHG (some LHTH activities)
DD4 LHTH and LHFHG
DD2 LHTH
DS baby- wide eyes observer! Lol :shock: :lol: