Making MtMM Economics HS credit worthy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mendaymom

Making MtMM Economics HS credit worthy

Post by mendaymom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:32 pm

I looked through the previous posts on this issue, and I'm still confused. I have Penny Candy, Bluestocking Press Economics and Common Sense Business. I also have the Economics for Everybody DVD series.
My question is do I need to use all of these for 1/2 of credit? Or is it an either/or option?
Also, is there a schedule for using the DVDs?
I found this post from Carrie. She doesn't mention the DVDs here but did in another post.
Lisa

While this is only the beginning of an economics study, it would be a good time for high school students planning to use MTMM to add more to the study for high school credit in economics. This could be done by adding the Bluestocking Guide to Economics and the books that go with it. Hazelett's Economics in One Lesson is another good, short book to consider. Another excellent economics course to consider adding would be R.C. Sproul Jr's Biblical Economics. Another painless way to add to the Economics would be to do Notgrass Economics. Our own oldest son is doing that his junior year. One last economics option would be materials from Financial Peace University,however this falls more under the "Finance" heading for credit (so it would only work if your state allows a choice of doing Economics OR Finance). So, there are several ways you could go about adding enough for .5 of an economics credit for high school students doing MTMM (as the base will already be scheduled in the guide as a springboard). :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Making MtMM Economics HS credit worthy

Post by Carrie » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:12 pm

Lisa,

Now that we have our US2 Guide coming out with the Economics study already scheduled within it, you may want to consider simply using the Economics portion of that guide for the 1/2 credit it Economics. :D A description of the Economics study in the US2 Guide is linked here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17026&p=118876#p118876

The options I listed in the comments you pasted above were for those families who needed an economics 1/2 credit prior to our releasing our own planned Economics study. Of course, you can still use any combination of the Economics resources I mentioned to create your own Economics study. It would just be easier to use what we have planned in the US2 Guide now. :D

Blessings,
Carrie