Picture study, foreign language, classical mushandicrafts?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gracecox

Picture study, foreign language, classical mushandicrafts?

Post by gracecox » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:14 pm

I am just wondering if heart of dakota includes Charlotte Mason style picture study, classical music study, foreign language, or handicrafts? I have looked through the levels, but didn't see it, but might have missed it.
Beloved of Jesus
Wife to amazing man of God
Momma to four wonderful kids!
DS7 BLHFHG
DD5 LHFHG
DD3 LHTH
DS 0

Little Women

Re: Picture study, foreign language, classical mushandicraf

Post by Little Women » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Yes. It's spread out through the guides, with different things each year. Eg, Res to Ref includes picture study.
Long-time homeschooler, short-time HOD user.
Mom to
K21: college senior
L19: college sophomore
C15: high school sophomore
J12: 7th grade

my3sons

Re: Picture study, foreign language, classical mushandicraf

Post by my3sons » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:21 am

Yes, all of these are a part of HOD, though the focus of some of them are specific to certain guides. :) This has been such fun - to have the CM staples as part of every guide, but to have different guides have a focused concentration to delve deeply into from year to year. For example, art projects are a part of every guide and usually specific to the history theme, but formal picture study - art study - is part of PHFHG as well as WH Fine Arts elective. Music/hymns study are a part of every guide, but formal classical music study is part of RevtoRev. Foreign Language - all 4 high school guides. Handicrafts - part of History Project part of plans in every guide. The staples of Charlotte Mason - oral narrations, written narrations, dictation, living books for every subject, Bible study, Scripture memorization, Godly character traits/habit training, classical poetry study of one poet/periodic memorization of poems, etc. are included in every guide. Oh, and Nature Study is a part of MTMM - such fun! HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie