placement question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gracecox

placement question

Post by gracecox » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:27 pm

Hello,
So I am excited! After comparing, looking, praying, praying...I have decided to use Heart of Dakota! I have looked at the placement chart and this is what I am thinking of doing.
DS 8 BLHFHG to complete in one year
DD5 LHFHG she is ready to begin reading but I will complete this in two years
DD3 LHTH she wants to do school like her siblings and I will have her complete this in two years

I think it will work best to place my kids in separate guides, and my only hesitation in doing HOD was if I could actually run multiple guides. But someone suggested that I complete the guides at a slower pace which is what I want to do for my younger kids. I also have a baby who will be 1in the fall. If I start them in separate guides, is it possible to combine later on? How would I do that? have my oldest repeat a guide but use the extension pack? What do you all think?
Beloved of Jesus
Wife to amazing man of God
Momma to four wonderful kids!
DS7 BLHFHG
DD5 LHFHG
DD3 LHTH
DS 0

Jennymommy

Re: placement question

Post by Jennymommy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi 8) I think you have made a great choice, and perhaps this link will help set your mind at ease about time spent teaching each child: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093&start=135&fb_r ... age#p74537

rumkimom

Post by rumkimom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:57 am

Your oldest is so much older that I would not consider combining him with the younger ones, besides if you continue, next year he will be in preparing and then on to CTC the year after that....lots of independence in that one and gaining more every year. Doing 3 guides is doable and I know others who have done even more than that. This year we did LHFHG, Bigger and RtR. My one in RtR needs more help than most as she is special learning needs. We are finishing up LHFHG and Bigger this summer and look forward to Beyond, and Preparing this fall (my older one will remain in RtR until Nov or so when she finishes it).
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

gracecox

Post by gracecox » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:12 am

Thanks for your replies. According to the placement chart my kuds should be in 3 separate guides. I will do that. I am a little nervous about running three guides and possibly four in the future though! But we shall see how it goes
Beloved of Jesus
DS7 BLHFHG
DD5 LHFHG
DD3 LHTH
DS 0

gracecox

Post by gracecox » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:13 am

Thanks for your replies. According to the placement chart my kuds should be in 3 separate guides. I will do that. I am a little nervous about running three guides and possibly four in the future though! But we shall see how it goes
Beloved of Jesus
DS7 BLHFHG
DD5 LHFHG
DD3 LHTH
DS 0