Carrie - Mathhelp.com for Geometry

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Motherjoy

Carrie - Mathhelp.com for Geometry

Post by Motherjoy » Wed May 11, 2016 2:59 am

Carrie, you mentioned that your son used mathhelp.com for geometry in order to finish the course quickly. Can you share how long it took him to finish the entire course? Thanks.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Carrie - Mathhelp.com for Geometry

Post by Carrie » Wed May 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Motherjoy,

There were 90 lessons when he did the course, and he typically did one lesson a day. He did actually enjoy the course so much that he wanted to continue using mathhelp for his senior year too. Since mathhelp does not offer Pre-Calculus, he did College Algebra instead through mathhelp. He also enjoyed that course. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Wed May 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Thank you! Mathhelp.com looks really great. We are giving it a try for my oldest, who struggled with algebra.

On a side note, I was reorganizing today, and I came across my oldest's notebooks and work from all of his years of HOD. WOW! I had been upset about his math struggles, and really focusing on that as our failure. But seeing all of the work that he did through HOD, all of the amazing books that he read, and my mood was lifted! Thanks for the hard work that you and your family has put into this curriculum.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu May 19, 2016 12:13 pm

You are so welcome! I need the guides for my own sanity! Looking back does really provide perspective. So often as mamas we are consumed with each child's areas of struggle (somehow always blaming ourselves), and we can miss the wonderful progress in so many other areas. I am so glad you had a moment today to realize how far your child has come. Those moments are what keep us going!!

Blessings,
Carrie