AH1 Government questions.....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momxnine

AH1 Government questions.....

Post by momxnine » Sun May 01, 2016 6:08 am

My son will be almost 15 in the Fall and will be going through MTMM. We aren't going to get to either of the American History Guides, so we're beefing up the MTMM. We want to go ahead and do some government over the summer since we've got the election coming up, so I'm wondering about using A Noble Experiment and the Constitutional Literacy. For those of you who are using it, is it going to be way over his head? He's very smart, just doesn't always like to apply himself. And will I need the guide to be able to do it or can we just go through the dvd's and the workbooks?
Vicki in SW. MO.
Mom of 9 (ages 14 - 35) and Grammy to 7
14 ds - Finished CTC, RTR and Rev To Rev; MTMM - Fall of 2016

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: AH1 Government questions.....

Post by Carrie » Mon May 02, 2016 2:14 pm

Vicki,

With your son's age in mind, with the few months you have available, and also with the required credits in mind, I would consider having your son do either A Noble Experiment or Constitutional Literacy but not both. Otherwise, I fear he would be a bit overwhelmed. Depending on your state's requirements, you probably could choose either one. Some states do specify one or the other type of course though, so be sure to check. :D Both courses have their strengths. A Noble Experiment is more heavy on primary source documents, tests, and workload; but Constitutional Literacy includes more research and higher level thinking.

Blessings,
Carrie

momxnine

Re: AH1 Government questions.....

Post by momxnine » Mon May 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Thank you, Carrie. :) Would I need to get the guide to go through either of them? Or can I just follow whatever is in the workbook? I was hoping to make it to the Arlington Convention next weekend, so I could "look" at them, but that's not going to happen. :(
Vicki in SW. MO.
Mom of 9 (ages 14 - 35) and Grammy to 7
14 ds - Finished CTC, RTR and Rev To Rev; MTMM - Fall of 2016