Any HOD families in Tn, Georgia,Fl, South Carolina ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
snadig

Any HOD families in Tn, Georgia,Fl, South Carolina ?

Post by snadig » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Ladies,

There is a possibility that we could be relocating from Colorado to Florida/South Carolina or somewhere close to our parents, who live in Tennessee. :shock: I have lived here 25 years. My in-laws live in TN and would like to be bit warmer in the winter, so we know Colorado is out for them.

So we are looking for some advice on where to live ( my in-laws will be relocating also to be closer to us). So where to live? Not sure. A homeschool friendly town. We aren't big city people. We live an hour north of Denver, in Loveland, close to CSU. Quiet place, love to road/mountain bike.

We are just trying to see our aging parents more as they are in good health right now but our distance from one another is too far. Just trying to seek others advice and wisdom from the Lord. What to do? :roll:

Any advice what to look for?
-Stacey
Stacey in Co

Married 21years to my best friend
my wonderful kids:
19-dd-College student Aug 18
17-dd-US 1 Histroy -Aug 18
13-ds-MTMM - Aug 18
Finished:Beyond,Bigger,Preparing,RtoR,RevtoRev,CtC,MtMM,WH,AH1,AH2

crlacey

Re: Any HOD families in Tn, Georgia,Fl, South Carolina ?

Post by crlacey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:38 am

We are in North Carolina. Our area has a lot of retired people who were looking to escape the cold north as well as a lot of young families. In my exact location, I can participate in at least 3 co-ops if we wanted. There are 4 or 5 Christian schools within 30 or so minutes drive. I can get to a big town like Loveland's size in about 30-45 minutes. (We lived in Aurora for awhile, so we know your area a little.) I can also get to a big city like Denver in a little over an hour or so depending on where in the city you go. The winter's are milder and homeschooling is easier than Colorado. Not sure if that helps.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

snadig

Post by snadig » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It helps to hear from people who live in different states to get a feel for the area. We are not sure what the Lord wants us to do yet, but tossing around ideas in our head. It is very helpful to here about homeschooling in different states, as this is very important and sure wouldn't want things to be harder.

Thanks again.
Stacey
Stacey in Co

Married 21years to my best friend
my wonderful kids:
19-dd-College student Aug 18
17-dd-US 1 Histroy -Aug 18
13-ds-MTMM - Aug 18
Finished:Beyond,Bigger,Preparing,RtoR,RevtoRev,CtC,MtMM,WH,AH1,AH2

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:12 pm

We live in Seymour, TN a small town almost halfway between Knoxville and Pigeon Forge. We love it because we have the mountains for hiking and other outdoors activites and even touristy stuff when we want it, but also big city stuff nearby in Knoxville all while we are in a small rural town. I am on the leadership team for the local homeschool co-op and we have around 65 families involved. There are other larger homeschool groups in nearby cities and towns as well. Knoxville offers things like a homeschool orchestra, sports teams, and other groups as well.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!