Preparing Independent History Reading

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jenntracy

Preparing Independent History Reading

Post by jenntracy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:44 pm

My daughter is going to use Preparing next year for 6th grade. We are adding the Extension pkg for older students and her level of grammar, math, reading, etc. Should she do the Independent History Reading as well? Many of the books I am sure are good, but they are at easy reading level and will it be redundant if we are already using the extension package? Thanks!
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

Nealewill

Re: Preparing Independent History Reading

Post by Nealewill » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Yes, she would do them. They are not redundant and many of the history projects and history notebooking activities come from those books. My oldest dd completed Preparing 2 years ago but this year, she was looking back over some of those books and she kept saying, this book was my favorite :-) The books are interesting even if some of them are easy to read. Plus, the independent history package has the draw and write through history book. In the beginning of Preparing, many of the activities come from that book.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Thanks! I know she did like the looks of the Draw and Write book.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:40 pm

Agreed. The extensions add on to the whole program, they would not replace any part of it.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven