R&S suggestion

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
rumkimom

R&S suggestion

Post by rumkimom » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 am

I am thinking about switching my daughter (age 14 and in RtR) to R&S grammar instead of Easy Grammar (she is using the grade 8 180 Daily Teaching Lessons book...it is more of a grammar review and I think she needs more...she does like the workbook format though). She has expressive-receptive language disorder and is mildluy autistic so is way behind the normal child's language skills (but making progress at her own rate). She is more like 4/5 grade when it comes to grammar and writing. I know that she did book 3 years ago, but I do not know how much of it she remembers. She currently is using the writing book from CTC (Write with the Best I) and doing OK with it. Which book should I start her in? Level 4 or 5?
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)