Dictation for a fifth grader?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
rodandmegs

Dictation for a fifth grader?

Post by rodandmegs » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:27 am

Hi, all. My 10 year old son is in Bigger Hearts with my 7 year old daughter. I have been printing them off spelling words to use each week, because the spelling in Bigger is way to easy for my 7 year old. We have not done the dictation yet, but I am going to start with my daughter next week. My 10 year old, though, is too old for the dictation in Bigger. What do any of you ladies use for a 10 year old for spelling/dictation?
Mikaela - 9th - Bob Jones University DVDs
Eli - 7th - Bob Jones University DVDs
Mercie - 3rd - Bigger Hearts for His Glory
Silas - 1st - Little Hearts for His Glory
Titus - preK Little Hands to Heaven

http://Www.myfullhandsandheart.blogspot.com

acts29stl

Re: Dictation for a fifth grader?

Post by acts29stl » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:42 am

In the next manual, Preparing Hearts for His Glory, there's more levels of dictation that you would do with your son. If you purchased it now, you could still qualify for the package discount next year :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

mvillarreal

Post by mvillarreal » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:44 pm

My question is when do we do the dictation? Is it on our own or is it listed in the teacher's guide? (I'm doing Res. to Ref with my 5th grader)

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:58 pm

It is scheduled in the Language Arts box. It is the first line on the days it is scheduled. In RtR, you can see it on Day 1, Day 2, and Day 4 of Unit 1.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

mvillarreal

Post by mvillarreal » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Why, yep! There it is! Thank you!