Alternatives to "Screen Time"

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jennymommy

Re: Alternatives to "Screen Time"

Post by Jennymommy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

We did "get rid of" tv 1 1/2 years ago by disconnecting the cable. We use the tv for family movies and the Xbox we allowed my oldest to purchase with his own earnings. The real problem has been my weakness in setting limits and enforcing them. My youngest really is addicted to the computer and to games, and he is so able to navigate that world, but it is clearly harmful to him as a rational being :roll: In addition, he loves to be doing things together with others, so it's hard to get him out if no one else is going. So, summer was rough...too hot outside, and I have been too weak to go do things we used to enjoy. School and sports have started up again this week, and that is a mixed blessing 8) as it means more work for me, but better health for them.