Had to share....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
melzy71

Had to share....

Post by melzy71 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:19 pm

I am going to be starting Beyond with my youngest son next month and I was just looking at the books for the emerging readers on Amazon. I saw the beginners Bible and wondered if my son could read it. We have taken a 2 month vacation from school due to me being pregnant and sick so I haven't tried him out with his phonics reader for that long. I called him in and ask if he could read what was on the screen. He read the whole thing!!! I was so proud! He even read words that I didn't know he knew. The last time we practiced reading he seemed to have such a hard time with it I wasn't sure if he would be reading well even at the end of this year but somehow, someway he learned over the summer. I am soooo stinking proud. I ran downstairs and told hubby how good he did. My son is excited too that he will get his very own Bible to take to church and that he will beable to read it. God is so good!

netpea

Re: Had to share....

Post by netpea » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm

That's wonderful :!:

It's amazing to see them when it clicks and they realize they can do it.
:D :D :D

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:23 pm

What a wonderful surprise! Praise the Lord!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 pm

How exciting! :) Isn't it great when their reading starts taking off? :)

Allison

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 am

How exciting!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 pm

That's wonderful!! :D Thanks for sharing!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:53 pm

I love it when the kiddos turn into readers when we're not looking! :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie