Money Can't Buy What HOD Provides!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrsrandolph

Money Can't Buy What HOD Provides!

Post by mrsrandolph » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:03 pm

I had to make a big decision about whether or not to separate my oldest 2 children. I wanted desperately to do the right thing. I was lying down for a brief quiet moment when my phone rang. It was Mike Austin from HOD.

He wanted to know my children's names...strengths...weaknesses...future academic plans

He talked me through all options...asked a lot of questions...listened intently and helped me make an informed decision based on his personal experience and his professional experience.

With what other curriculum company could you get that? I would say NONE!

THIS is why I buy my books from HOD. I don't save a buck here or there buy buying from a different source, and I NEVER buy used. The Austin's are worthy of double honor for the ministry they provide, and that includes us buying our curriculum from them.

:D
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

lmercon

Re: Money Can't Buy What HOD Provides!

Post by lmercon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 pm

I completely agree!
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 am

Agreeing with you as well. The entire HOD family is absolutely wonderful! I am so grateful for their family ministry and delighted to hear of the blessing you received from Mike's timely phone call.

I have talked to Julie a couple times when needing help with ordering and always feel like I am talking with a friend who is as interested in my children and how they are doing as any friend that has personally met them. I also appreciate how patient she is with questions, concerns, and just chatting about homeschooling in general. I know Julie always has a ton of calls to return, but I never feel rushed during our conversation.

I also love seeing the boys' names on the invoice I receive with my order. I smile as I picture each one of them so diligently completing their task. It's almost like I know them from reading Carrie and Julie's board posts through the years.

HOD's family approach to ministry, along with their desire and efforts to help their customers be as successful with homeschooling as possible, truly makes me feel like we are a part of their family. As we are all united in Christ, in a way, we are family. HOD just goes above and beyond to make this spiritual truth a reality for those they serve. Thank you for sharing!
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:37 am

I agree as well! I think we as Christians can show our support for things especially with our pocket books! For me - I am supporting THEM each time I buy my books brand new directly from HOD. I also will never sell my HOD books. First - I completely treasurer those books LOL. But I also feel like it is a form of me supporting less readily available used curriculum for sale. Just my 2 cents.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:06 am

My husband insists that we support this family company by purchasing our books directly through them. There are so many days when I'm completely blown away by my kid's studies. I could never come up with this kind of education on my own.

We started with LHFHG, and now my oldest is in Missions to Modern Marvels. It's been worth every penny and more.

quiverfull

Post by quiverfull » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Ditto! :D We've been so blessed and encouraged by the Heart of Dakota family! Customer service is fabulous, and we feel so good about supporting them. You provide such a ministry!
Married for 30 years….Mom to 9~
Five graduated, four still in school. 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 12, 10

Used/Using
WH
WG
MTMM
Rev2Rev
CtC
Preparing
LHFHG

my3good&perfectgifts

Post by my3good&perfectgifts » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I completely agree! We buy all of our books from them as well! The prayers, thoughts, heart, and soul that Carrie puts into choosing just the right books and writing this curriculum could never be repaid. Buying the books from HOD is the least we can do.
James 1:17

Beth,
wife to Doug 20 years
mom to 4 boys,
Ds 17,14,9,3
Have enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Rev to Rev, World Geography
Starting MTMM, BLHFHG in fall 2016

mjlamarche

Post by mjlamarche » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 pm

I was blessed by a call from Mike Austin as well regarding placement - he was SO helpful - and I feel very confident with my choices.