Little Hearts for His Glory motor skills workbook.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
BenandBeth

Little Hearts for His Glory motor skills workbook.

Post by BenandBeth » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,
My name is Beth, and I would like to purchase little Hearts for this school year. I am wondering if the fine motor skills books which you have chosen are essential to use with the guide. Can I look at the guide and say, oh they're going to cut and paste today, and provide work for them to do from worksheets of my choice? I have a 1st grader and advanced preschooler and am thinking about using Big K workbooks and other things I already have on hand so that I can follow their interests, and then maybe buying Just thinking and Choosing for the second half of the year, since that sounds a little more unique.

StephanieU

Re: Little Hearts for His Glory motor skills workbook.

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am

They definitely aren't necessary, but if you are buying the economy package from HOD, they are basically free with the discount. I love the content of the 1st grade ones, as they both include some science. Plus, they are really inexpensive workbooks with nothing questionable in them. YOu can see a few sample pages at Milestone Books if you want to see what is in them.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

BenandBeth

Post by BenandBeth » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:26 am

Very helpful reply, thanks! This board is a great idea!

Tabitha

Post by Tabitha » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I highly recommend getting these workbooks. My girls thoroughly enjoyed them. It was one of their most favorite parts of the guide. So much so that I bought the next several books in series from Milestone Ministries to keep them going longer.

They work on specific little skills. The activities are fun. Mom had a great time using them as well. My youngest, now in Preparing, STILL talks about these workbooks when she remembers her 'younger' days. ;-)
17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.