A Huge THANK YOU To You

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SetApartForHisGlory

A Huge THANK YOU To You

Post by SetApartForHisGlory » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:57 pm

I just wanted to say, the more HOD family blogs I see, the more FB posts I read, reading posts and looking at the photo books of children doing Christ-centered learning on this site- I am SO encouraged!! To see SO MANY mothers dedicating their days to training up future Christians, teaching them to hide His Word in their hearts, and (using Carrie's amazing curriculum) bring everything they learn in school back to Christ- it fills my heart with joy!! And that really goes for all Christian homeschoolers. Mothers who have decided to take on the extra work, give up any free time they might have had during the day, to make the discipleship of their children a top priority. Who have taken their children's education into their own hands, so they can receive Godly instruction. Mothers who spend their days nurturing a love of God, as well as a love of learning, in their children. Even though I knew of families like this, I think it's just hitting me how many there are!

Some days it feels like we're radicals or something, keeping our kids at home to give them a Christ-centered education. Everyone in our neighborhood, as well as both our families, treats us like religious fanatics for wanting Jesus at the center of our life and school. It starts to feel like everyone else is either indifferent to God, or downright antagonistic when it comes to Christ. Many parents out there will never tell their child "Jesus love you!" :( But there are so many children-- in our HOD community, and the Christian homeschool community as a whole-- who are cultivating a deep love for the Lord (and others), and will go out into the world someday and share the love of Christ <3

I just wanted to thank every one of you for raising your children for His glory :) Someday my children and your children will need to get married, do business, elect government officials, etc-- and we will all be so happy that others also took the time to raise godly men and women!
Andrea (35) ~ God's Hand in Life's Little Moments
Daria (16) ~ World History
Cooper (1) ~ Preparing Hearts for His Glory
Stacia (8) ~ Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

momto3girls

Re: A Huge THANK YOU To You

Post by momto3girls » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Well said, SetApartForHisGlory! Thank you for the encouragement. :D :D :D :D :D
~~Jenny~~
Wife to Andrew for 21 years
Mom to...

dd15 - HOD next year :-)
dd13 - Res. to Ref.
dd9 - Preparing

hs.mama07

Post by hs.mama07 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I agree, it is very encouraging to know there are so many other families seeking to raise their children to love the Lord! I'm so grateful for HOD (and other Christian curricula) for helping us with our jobs!!

twolittlebears

Post by twolittlebears » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:11 am

This was so sweet of you to write! I absolutely agree with you. It is so beautiful to know that so many mamas love the Lord and are spending their lives giving to Him and dedicating their lives to the ministry of raising the next generation to Know and Love Him!! It's so exciting! When the world gets darker, Jesus keeps growing brighter. You've really encouraged me!!
Married to my best friend 18 years
DS 10yo CTC (finished: MFWK, SL Core A, LHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)
DS 13yo CTC w/extensions (finished: WP Animal Worlds, MFW1, SL Core B, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)