Any History Sneak Peeks Yet?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momtofive

Any History Sneak Peeks Yet?

Post by momtofive » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 pm

I haven't been checking the board too regularly just lately, as we've been super busy. ;) I'm wondering if Carrie has shared any sneak peeks on what the American History choices are yet? I'm anxious to hear what her history choices are, as we ponder our future history path. :)

Thanks! :)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Re: Any History Sneak Peeks Yet?

Post by my3sons » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Lisa! Here is the link to all of the AH sneak peeks shared so far...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16145

More will be coming each week! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Weekly?! Eek! So exciting!
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:45 am

I haven't seen any weekly sneak peeks recently, unless I'm missing them, which could be as I haven't had much time to pop in here lately. I'm wondering if this guide will be available for the coming school year?
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 pm

I stand corrected! :) I used the work 'weekly' and should not have. Carrie is a born researcher, and as such will be as sure as possible before sharing a sneak peek. The sneak peeks cannot be on a timetable, as good writing with solid researching to back it up cannot and should not be rushed. Carrie has made a guide available steadfastly for the past 10+ years, and at great personal sacrifice. I applaud my sister's dedication to her writing, and though 'we' make many plans, things like heart attacks, pancreatic cancer, influenza, mothers becoming widows, children graduating, personal health concerns, etc. make it all too clear that we are not in control - God is. So, we say a guide will be available, we do so trusting it will be and doing all we can to make it so, but we also do so knowing we are not in control - God is. Plans are on track for the AH guide, and we could not be more pleased with the progress.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Ladies,

I apologize for the delay with the sneak peeks! I do actually have all of the resources picked for the history portion of the new guide, and we have most of them in our warehouse already. What I lack is the time to write up the sneak peek right now! I am still selecting the living library, which is the last thing to be done for the resource selection for the new guide. So, with this in mind, I have to delay spending time sharing the history sneak peek and concentrate on choosing the rest of the living library. This is because we have to have time to get those books in-house so familes can have them in time to start their school year. :D We are also working on the history timeline CD for the new guide, so families will have that as well. :)

The new American guide is planned to follow the same schedule we used last year for the World History Guide, coming in installments all year for those who choose to use the guide. My graphic designer is putting together a brochure for the new guide that will be mailed out in mid-August. It will include ordering instructions. Thanks for your patience! :D

Blessings
Carrie

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:39 pm

I think we all understand and are happy to wait. Thanks so much for being so dedicated to getting it finished and published.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM