Just can't wait to order!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jennymommy

Just can't wait to order!

Post by Jennymommy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 pm

Ladies, I am so ready to order, open boxes, and get going on the new year of school 8) But I have to wait just a couple more weeks :? I'm sure my boys are fine with waiting, but I get so excited to dive in to the great books Carrie puts together

Gwenny

Re: Just can't wait to order!

Post by Gwenny » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm the same way!!! It makes me sad, in a way, that I have the next guides and all the coordinating books already for the next couple of years. :)
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

SetApartForHisGlory

Post by SetApartForHisGlory » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 pm

Totally feel you! I already have everything we need, for the most part, for the next 3 years. But I want to order more! Something about getting my box of new homeschool books, especially HOD, that makes me so happy! Honestly, I could have a million dollar necklace shipped to me, and when the post man hands it to me I'd be like "That's nice, but do you have my books?!" LOL!
Andrea (35) ~ God's Hand in Life's Little Moments
Daria (16) ~ World History
Cooper (1) ~ Preparing Hearts for His Glory
Stacia (8) ~ Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:02 pm

SetApartForHisGlory wrote:Totally feel you! I already have everything we need, for the most part, for the next 3 years. But I want to order more! Something about getting my box of new homeschool books, especially HOD, that makes me so happy! Honestly, I could have a million dollar necklace shipped to me, and when the post man hands it to me I'd be like "That's nice, but do you have my books?!" LOL!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I loved this and am going to read it to the boys in the warehouse tomorrow! :) :) :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

SetApartForHisGlory

Post by SetApartForHisGlory » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Haha! Well, it's completely true! Give them a huge "thank you" for all they do, from me and my family :) Me and my husband decided that as nice as it is to save money on homeschool curriculum, which does really add up, and as much as we like supporting other HS moms by purchasing their HOD books new, we are going to strictly buy new from heartofdakota.com. We appreciate everything that the Austin and Grosz families (and everyone else who makes this all possible) have done to make this Christ-centered, beautifully put-together homeschool curriculum available for us to use in our home. I can not thank you all enough <3

SetApartForHisGlory

Post by SetApartForHisGlory » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Oh also Julie, thank you so much for the devotional God's Hands in Life's Little Moments! I love that I have my own HOD "curriculum" to study everyday :) It's the first devotional I've had that addresses my role as a teacher along with wife, mother, and Christian woman. I love doing Bible studies with other women, but when you're sitting there with ladies who don't understand what it's like to have their children home 24/7, or the extra weight of being responsible for their children's education, and the study you're doing together doesn't address homeschooling issues.... you can feel like no one understands what your day to day is actually like. Your devotional has been such a blessing <3

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:17 pm

I understand about being excited about ordering. We took a couple years off of HOD and I realized I seriously missed it, so we're now back. I had everything I needed for Bigger already and got CTC from a friend, so all I had left to by were the notebooking pages which I bought tonight! So that was super exciting. I haven't ordered from HOD for a couple years, which is kind of sad. So funny. So now I get a mini box day soon, and I'm super pumped about that. :lol:
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm super excited to order as well! I'm making myself wait another week or two though, until I finish decluttering my homeschool cabinet. I want to have a shelf cleared for the Preparing books so that they can be put in their special place as soon as they get here :D !
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:19 pm

SetApartForHisGlory wrote:Haha! Well, it's completely true! Give them a huge "thank you" for all they do, from me and my family :) Me and my husband decided that as nice as it is to save money on homeschool curriculum, which does really add up, and as much as we like supporting other HS moms by purchasing their HOD books new, we are going to strictly buy new from heartofdakota.com. We appreciate everything that the Austin and Grosz families (and everyone else who makes this all possible) have done to make this Christ-centered, beautifully put-together homeschool curriculum available for us to use in our home. I can not thank you all enough <3
Thanks so much!!! :D One of the biggest "thank you's'' that HOD can receive is the support of families choosing to buy from the HOD family! It is what makes all of this possible in the day to day. Choosing to remain a family business is not always easy, but we know God is faithful, and we are reminded of that by encouraging words and loyal support such as what you have shared here. Thank you so much, and I'm printing this off to share with the HOD family tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:21 pm

SetApartForHisGlory wrote:Oh also Julie, thank you so much for the devotional God's Hands in Life's Little Moments! I love that I have my own HOD "curriculum" to study everyday :) It's the first devotional I've had that addresses my role as a teacher along with wife, mother, and Christian woman. I love doing Bible studies with other women, but when you're sitting there with ladies who don't understand what it's like to have their children home 24/7, or the extra weight of being responsible for their children's education, and the study you're doing together doesn't address homeschooling issues.... you can feel like no one understands what your day to day is actually like. Your devotional has been such a blessing <3
This is also such words of encouragement! I am pondering reprinting my devotional at some point, but I was always going to first save to print my next devotional. The only problem is, I can't seem to find time to finish my next devotional. I've been working on it forever it seems, and then when my computer crashed half of it was gone. :( Anyway, someday, right? It is encouraging that you are enjoying my book though! :D :D :D God bless!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie