Roll Call: Can we share what HOD programs we're doing...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
joyfulheart

Re: Roll Call: Can we share what HOD programs we're doing...

Post by joyfulheart » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:27 am

currently doing
Bigger for 8 1/2 year old.
Beyond for 6 1/2 year old.
Misc. for 5 year old.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks Ladies for such a great response to this thread - and I hope more of you keep on posting a response yet too! As I am reading all of your posts, I am once again struck by the versatility of HOD. There are many different combinations of levels and programs represented here in this thread. Sharing like this helps others to see how they can combine or separate, extend or scale down HOD as needed for their family's needs. :D And you know what else I noticed? We all seem HAPPY! :o If you've ever been part of other boards or groups, you know what a feat this is to have this many pages of posts on one thread full of cheerful and content people and posts. :D That is not to say that we don't all have struggles - but, I do believe God gives each of the strength we need to get through each of life's trials, and your attitude shows you believe that too. I pray God's blessings on each of you and your families as you are either teaching your HOD programs already or are ready to begin teaching them soon. :)

In Christ,
Julie :o
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:29 am

my3sons wrote: And you know what else I noticed? We all seem HAPPY! :o If you've ever been part of other boards or groups, you know what a feat this is to have this many pages of posts on one thread full of cheerful and content people and posts. :D That is not to say that we don't all have struggles - but, I do believe God gives each of the strength we need to get through each of life's trials, and your attitude shows you believe that too.
And praise God for that! I know it is greatly due to how happy we all are using HOD and having found "it" for our homeschooling journey and the peace that comes with it. But I believe also it is due to the high concentration of really wonderful ladies who love the Lord and want to serve Him through raising the children He entrusted in their care. This board is a huge blessing. Coming here is my Happy fix for the day. :D Really appreciate the women here and all that goes into HOD to make it so quality that it attracts such wonderful families! 8) It's so refreshingly different here on the HODie board!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Amey

Post by Amey » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi All,

I am using Little Hearts For His Glory this year with my 6 year old ds for first grade and my 4 year old pre-k'er is tagging along on the activities and scripture memory and doing his own little workbook on the side. :D We are two weeks in and having a blast, although I must confess I gave in to my son's pleas to read "just one more chapter" of Reddy Fox the other day..and ended up reading three :? But, that's a good "problem" to have! Looking forward to spending the year with you ladies!
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Little Hands with my 4yr. & 5.5yr. Starting in Sept. along with The Reading Lesson for my 5.5yr old.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

gingel

Post by gingel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:10 pm

We just started Beyond with my 7 year old daughter this week - on a day perfect to read "The Storm". It has been a FUN week!

From all of your great advice, we'll be starting Little Hands with my 4yo son as soon as we get it.

This is our first year w/HOD. I don't know anyone in my area using HOD (I found you online when I was researching curriculums,) so I'll be checking in with the boards often!

Gingel

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:50 pm

water2wine wrote:I believe also it is due to the high concentration of really wonderful ladies who love the Lord and want to serve Him through raising the children He entrusted in their care. This board is a huge blessing.
I couldn't agree more! :D :D I LOVE YOU ALL!! :D :D It's so much fun to be able to ask questions, share discoveries, and encourage each other along the way!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Momtoamayalilal2

Post by Momtoamayalilal2 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 pm

HOD Program: Little Hands to Heaven
Age of child: 3 1/2
Start Date: Planning for the first week in Aug (but still only in the "planning" phase..lol)

~Amber~
:mrgreen:
Mama to 7!
Oldest (18)
Dd 12-
Ds-9
Dd-7
Dd-4
Ds-2
Dd-brand new!

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BEYOND, CTC,WG over the years and always come back to Hod after a a season! :lol:

we6rblessed

Post by we6rblessed » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:27 am

I am going to be using "Bigger" with my 3 children.
We will use the extention pack and some additional resources that Carrie has suggested for my older child. I am excited to see how using the same curriculum with all of our children will unite us, after a year of everyone doing seperate grades. My dc are thrilled!
I plan on using DITHOR with my oldest beginning this August, and adding the younger 2 after a few months.

I am very thankful to have all of you to walk this path with.
You each hold such a special quality that I treasure.

~Linda

who needs to figure out how to do the text you all do after your name! :?

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 am

we6rblessed wrote:
~Linda

who needs to figure out how to do the text you all do after your name! :?
Hi Linda!

Try this:

Click on "User Control Panel" located at the top of the page, left side.
Then click on the "Profile" tab.
Then click on "Edit Signature"
and type away!!!!!
Click the "Submit" bar at the bottom when you are finished. :D

Candice

Jodi

Post by Jodi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Planning on Bigger Hearts For His Glory and/or Preparing Hearts starting late in August. I think I'll like them both but not sure whether to try both at once or do Bigger at a faster pace and then Preparing at the typical pace or do them concurrently. I think I need to see Preparing before I make a final desicion, I think we'll be happy either way. Kids are 9,10,12 and special needs 14 yo. With Preparing I would use extensions for the 12 yo girl and Teaching Company World history DVD's as an extension for my 14 yo since he is a very visual learner and can't do alot of independant reading with his LD's.

So it's a little up in the air still here but I'm excited to be trying HOD materials whichever way we go with them!

Jodi

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Ladies,

What a wonderful thread! It is truly a testament to how each of you strive to glorify your Savior with your lives. The helpful and encouraging tone on this board is a blessing to so many and a wonderful reflection of our Savior's love! :D

Next year, I'll be finishing "Little Hearts..." with my almost 6 year old. I'll be doing "Preparing..." with my 9 year old. It looks like my 12 year old will be piloting much of our new "ancient history" program. Last, my littlest guy (who has just recently become a 2 year old terror :lol:) will be running around! We'll wait to start LHTH with my 2 year old, until I can reach the goal of getting my almost 6 year old reading well.

I look forward to journeying through the year with each of you down the HOD path! :D

For those of you who haven't shared yet, keep the posts coming! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

wisdom4us

Post by wisdom4us » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Little Hearts for His Glory - 5 year old twin boys, hopefully to start Aug. 4th

Bigger Hearts for His Glory - 7.5 year old boy, probably will start closer to October

We are all very excited to start! But we are dealing with a family illness so I am trying to decide what is the best course of action. Go ahead and start then stop when we need to or just wait it out. I'm pretty sure we are going to wait but I picked up some little workbooks at Toys R Us when they had their B1G1 sale last week so we will have something to occupy our minds! :D
~Summer
Using LHFHG & BHFHG 2008-2009
http://wisdom4us.homeschooljournal.net/

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
~William Butler Yeats

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am

We are looking forward to using HOD programs for the second year.

HOD Program: Preparing Hearts for His Glory
Age of child: 10 year old dd (5th grader)
Start Date: mid-Aug.

HOD Program: Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory
Age of child: 7 year old ds (second grader)
Start Date: mid-Aug.

Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

Rebecca

Post by Rebecca » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 am

HOD Program: Bigger Hearts for His Glory
Age of child: 8 year old son with possible DITHOR 2/3
Age of child: 7 year old son with emerging readers
Start Date: August 25th

HOD Program: Little Hearts for His Glory
Age of child: 5 1/2 year old son with phonics
Age of child 4 year old daughter with phonics
Start Date: August 25th

Plus a 2 year old cuddling and enjoying read alouds and an infant...~everyone's sunshine.

Rebecca-
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT I MIGHT ADD!