Thank You

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
saxton804

Thank You

Post by saxton804 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I wanted to take a moment to thank Carrie (and Julie!) for all the hard work they put into the guides and supporting families using HOD. We just finished our second year of HOD and I am so pleased with everything my children have learned and most importantly how much they have grown spiritually. I can only imagine how much time Carrie has invested into writing these guides. HOD has made our homeschooling journey so wonderful and full of fun and joy. I am so grateful that a friend recommended HOD to me when I began homeschooling my middle schoolers 2 years ago. I appreciate how the guides are so well organized and easy to use. I also love how it encourages independence in my children. I have two VERY different learners and HOD works great for both. My oldest (DS, age 14, WG in fall) is identified as highly gifted and is very much a visual learner. My younger child (DD, age 13, RtR in fall) although bright has dyslexia and is a very tactile/kinesthetic learner. It is still incredible to me that BOTH of my children are thriving with HOD! Not only are they thriving but they are enjoying their school days. How many middle school students tell people that their school days are fun?! Thank you Carrie and Julie for all you are doing to bless my family and so many others. May God bless you richly for your faithful service in this ministry! Thank you!

lissiejo

Re: Thank You

Post by lissiejo » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:01 am

Ditto that thanks :) School couldn't be smoother for us even using 3 guides! Since I need to work part-time about 20 hours a week I need a curriculum I can manage. My girls are getting a rock-solid education and my husband can pop in and help out anytime because it is so very easy to teach with!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am

I agree too! I LOVE that my kids are receiving a top notch education and that they love it. Also - all three are totally different learners. This program is so refreshing because it really speaks to each of my kiddos. I couldn't be happier!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Thank you so much, ladies! We pray for the Lord to send those families to HOD that He wants to use it, and He is always faithful as the families using it have usually found a great match for their homeschooling priorities. This post especially is such an encouragement as I've been reading through the posts - I know Carrie and Mike will appreciate it too! Your words are inspirational to me. God bless! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie