Tears over Draw and Write Through History

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MelInKansas

Re: Tears over Draw and Write Through History

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Those are lovely paintings your daughter has done!

I too had to laugh at Julie's theory about tears. I will probably use that sometime. We have a lot of tears over some things, especially with one of my daughters who gets very emotional. Thankfully art isn't one of them, this is probably because I am such an art dunce that they really ARE better than I am and it is almost a struggle for me to be able to read the directions in the guides and try to do those projects, or instruct my kids in how to do those projects. I have learned a lot about art through HOD! So my kids get a lot of praise for their art and they really do a good job. I think they have learned a lot of good things like following instructions, and taking your time to make something look nice.

I can relate to the kid who went into it thinking they wouldn't be very good. I never thought I was good at art. I really appreciate the thinking that anyone can learn art, it's something good for all people to try and practice. So therefore, my one daughter who doesn't enjoy it as much and isn't so "into" it, can still learn a lot from doing it, and the one who loves it and takes her time making the art look the way she wants can enjoy it and learn a lot as well.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven