We love Beyond! Thanks!!! :-)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hs.mama07

We love Beyond! Thanks!!! :-)

Post by hs.mama07 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:09 pm

DS7 realized it was Saturday this morning and said, “we don’t have school today.” I was curious, so asked him how he felt about that. He said he was glad he didn’t have to do copywork, but then said he’d miss getting to do math and stories (which includes history and story time), and he was really looking forward to Monday b/c he’d get to add motions to the poem. I asked him some more questions about Bible, rotating box, etc and pretty much discovered that he’d gladly do all of Beyond, 7 days a week if he could (except writing, lol).

I love that! I didn’t even realize he liked poetry so much—definitely didn’t know he’d memorized the pattern and knew what poetry activity was coming next. :-) Thank you SO much Carrie and Mike and Julie for such a wonderful curriculum. God really has blessed you all with amazing talents—writing, editing, organizing, taking care of customers…all that stuff! You’re helping us train up our children in the way they should go…and you’ve made it fun too!

jjn3beans

Re: We love Beyond! Thanks!!! :-)

Post by jjn3beans » Sat May 16, 2015 8:40 pm

I wanted to add our thanks as well. We've just started Beyond. I wasn't going to start it for a bit, but DD kept bringing me the guide and asking to do it, so we started. When starting the second day, she started jumping up and down, excited for what was to come. She acted out the poem, "The Storm," she made suggestions for the memory verse, and giggled the whole time we did history and science activities. She asked many questions while reading history, and asked when we were going to do the next assignments. I have not seen her this excited for anything school related at all!

The only thing now is my 10yo and 12yo are a little miffed that their younger sister is enjoying HOD so much, and they want to do it too after looking at the samples here! I am not a gushing type of person, but truly, I am astonished thus far. I'm interested to see how things are going in the dead of winter. :wink:
Julie
DD15, DD13 (MtMM + some WG)
DD11 (Preparing)

sarah_smile07

Post by sarah_smile07 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 pm

My daughter (6 yrs old) loves Beyond too! It is such fun, & I love that she looks forward to the different activities each day. I never would have thought I could enjoy poetry as much as we do while working with the program! I also didn't realize how well my child can handle memorization. Without Heart of Dakota's encouragement, I may have not discovered this! This is my fifth year of homeschooling, but we had been a textbook family prior. I'm so glad that I took the chance to step out of my comfort zone & try HoD. I had initially chosen the program for my son, based on the middle school guides, & am so glad I chose to also try out a younger year with my daughter. Our family is extremely happy!! Good luck with the remainder of your year - we are definitely blessed to have found such a wonderful curriculum!
~Sarah :-)
Mama to three sweet kids:
*DS - 12 yrs old (Rev to Rev)
*DD - 7 yrs old (Bigger)
*DD - 2.5 yr old (starting LH soon!)

Completed: Res to Ref, Beyond :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri May 22, 2015 11:48 am

Liz,

Thanks so much for posting! You blessed my heart beyond measure today! :D