Preparing Extension Questions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bethelmommy

Preparing Extension Questions

Post by bethelmommy » Sat May 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am starting to put together my HOD order for fall and am wondering if there are any Preparing extension books that I need to avoid because they are used in later guides? Also, is there any content that might be too mature for a 9.5-10.5 yo.? Ds loves the extension books in Bigger this year. Even though he doesn't do any of the extension activities since he is in the regular age range, I can tell from our history discussions that he is enjoying the extra reading and absorbing alot of additional information. Thanks!
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

Nealewill

Re: Preparing Extension Questions

Post by Nealewill » Sat May 16, 2015 8:07 pm

None of the books in the extension pack for Preparing are used in future packages that I know of. Also, I read about 1/2 of them for this level and think they would be fine for your child. I did order the extensions for CTC this year for my oldest (even though she is a bit young) and a few of the books seemed a bit mature for her. But the preparing extensions seemed fine. Hope that helps.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

bethelmommy

Re: Preparing Extension Questions

Post by bethelmommy » Sat May 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes, that helps. Thanks Daneale!
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)