How do I manage different levels with littles?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mylittlewomen

Re: How do I manage different levels with littles?

Post by mylittlewomen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

my3sons wrote: I would do LHTH again with the higher level devotional with the 2 of them. I'd also add the Kindergarten Essentials Math from Little Hearts for His Glory (LHFHG) for your 5 yo, as well as a handwriting program that works on the formation of letters. A Reason for Handwriting K or Italic A would be the choices HOD recommends, but you can use any handwriting you'd like. I'd also add the Fine Motor Skills books from LHFHG, which are "Do It Carefully" and "Finding the Answers." I'd wait on phonics. This will 'up' the level of LA/math in the areas your 5 yo is needing it, while still make it successful to combine the 2 girls....
As far as the house goes, at this stage, whatever you can do so you can wake up and start your day with a fairly clean house, as in 'clean' so you are not

In Christ,
Julie
Well, update! I am wondering if I didn't make the best choice now! :oops: I should have taken your advice to repeat LHTH and combine them!! I had decided not to combine my two in the end, but it backfired on me! I ended up going ahead with LHFHG at half-speed with my kindergartener. I planned to spend several weeks getting into a routine with her (letting her little sis glean as she would) and then starting BFIAR with my 3.5 year old. BUT!! my 3.5 year old has simply stepped up to the occasion!! Not only has she caught up with her sis in nearly everything, including starting to read(!), but I wouldn't put it past her to pass her big sis up! (my K is pretty kick-back, lives all of life at low-speed :wink: )Ahhh! So now I am at a loss as to what to do for next year. She isn't even 4 yet, and she is basically in kindergarten already. Help! The pediatrician says, "don't hold her back!" but I am thinking part 2 of LHFHG is pushing it a little for her age. Or a lot. Any advice??
Janelle
Married to my best friend for 12 years
Mama to 3 sweet girls, ages 6, 8, and 10
Working Bigger with my oldest two, and Little Hearts with my little one!