Day 5 Ideas

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
luv2homeschool

Re: Day 5 Ideas

Post by luv2homeschool » Sun May 17, 2015 3:52 pm

We also are in a co-op on Friday afternoons. In the mornings, we do Beautiful Feet Geography, Life of Fred math, and watch an episode of the Word Up Latin and Greek vocab dvd.
Christine
DS 12, Rev to Rev
DD 10, Preparing
Our fifth year using HOD!

MelInKansas

Re: Day 5 Ideas

Post by MelInKansas » Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm

If my one DD finishes school in 4 days she gets Friday off. Day 5 is always lighter, but my 2 kids who have 5 day/week guides do school that day.

As mentioned, schools don't have the full 180 days of instruction time either. And we often have stuff left for my oldest to do on day 5. I appreciate the flexibility this gives me. If I needed to count things for school I could find plenty, as Bible reading and study count, PE, field trips, sports, even home ec (otherwise known as chores).

I am always busy, but if I really thought we needed more "school" to fill our 5th day I would try to help my children find ways to pursue their interests and possible careers. From learning, clubs, volunteering or apprenticing, charity work, sewing or other crafting lessons, whatever really seems to interest your children. Again, a huge benefit of homeschooling is more time to pursue those things.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven