OT: Silly prayer request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MomtoJGJE

OT: Silly prayer request

Post by MomtoJGJE » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:59 am

I know this is a silly request, but could you guys pray that we find Evie's baby, Allison? She bought it with her own money about a year ago. Takes care of it so much and loves it. It's been missing for about a month. We've exhausted everywhere we can think of to find it. She's taking it well, but I can tell it's hurting her. Like today she came down with another baby dressed in Allison's clothes and said "I'm pretending this baby is Allison. I put Allison's clothes on her so they would get some use. She was so pretty in these clothes" I couldn't help it. I had to go lock myself in the bathroom and cry.

I feel silly getting this worked up over a doll. But prayers that we find her would be greatly appreciated.

Candice

Re: OT: Silly prayer request

Post by Candice » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 am

I don't think this is a silly request at all. My girls have special friends and I know they would be devastated if they were lost or misplaced.
I'll be praying for Allison to show up for Evie.

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Oh my word Lora Beth!! That is so dear and definitely not silly. Those babies and lovies and blankies are special. I'm saying a prayer for your little Evie and asking if the Lord would please help you to find her Allison doll.

Funny story (well, funny to us):

My dear MIL gave my littlest guy this hilarious, pink, noisy, squeezey pig for his 4th birthday. The thing makes this hilarious sound and we'd laugh and laugh. Well, right after this birthday the pig dropped off the face of the earth much to his (and our) dismay. We could NOT figure out how a noisy pink pig would get LOST and it hadn't been taken anywhere. It drove me absolutely batty. Well, a few MONTHS later I found the pig in an empty drawer of an old dresser that was in the GARAGE!!! I think my little guy had put it in there in his play (the dresser HAD been empty in the basement and was moved to garage for donation). I laughed out loud that all this time the silly pig had been there.

Maybe your littlest put her sissy's baby somewhere for safe keeping? :)
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
2019-2020 plans
Jax DS17 HOD subjects: US1 Lit + US2 LL + IPC
Logan DS15 MtMM + extensions
Chloe DD13 MtMM
Levi DS10 PHFHG

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 am

While I didn't respond yesterday, I did lift up a pray for you and for your daughter. That is really tough when your kids lose something so close to them. I do pray you find it!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Praying.
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm

I don't think this is silly at all! Definitely praying with you.
Jenn, mom to 10