Ok, I've got a doozy placement question ;)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
krazzymommy

Ok, I've got a doozy placement question ;)

Post by krazzymommy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm

We have used and enjoyed HOD in the past. Took a year (or two?) off and contemplating returning, but not sure where exactly we would fit.

Two kids - 8 & 10. 10 year old has done all HOD years through Bigger. (I think he did it when he was 8, it was a little over him at the time.)
I really, really, really want to do US history in the fall.
We are just finishing up a world history year using CHOW, so I don't really want to do do Preparing.
I really, really, really want to combine them in a guide
We do not do HOD grammar or math

My thoughts - repeating Bigger? My ds is going into 5th and I just don't know if it's enough. I don't remember looking at the extension back when I had the guide. Any ideas?

ETA: I should figure out how to change my siggy...lol I guess I now know how old he was!
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!

mom2samlibby

Re: Ok, I've got a doozy placement question ;)

Post by mom2samlibby » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 pm

I would do Bigger again and use the Extensions, if you think he can handle the extensions. The books in the extension pack were wonderful.
Have used:
Bigger, Preparing, CTC
Son, 17, with dyslexia, doing MtMM with extensions
Daughter, 14, using Rev to Rev with extensions

Nealewill

Re: Ok, I've got a doozy placement question ;)

Post by Nealewill » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm

I also so would redo Bigger. I think that because there was time in between that both of your kids will really enjoy it. Plus, the extensions will bring something new to the program.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM