Delaying Beautiful Girlhood?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Nealewill

Re: Delaying Beautiful Girlhood?

Post by Nealewill » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:41 am

Your daughter sounds just like mine! She is turning 10 next week and she is also very involved in AWANA and Bible quiz (quiz for us is Feb 10th).

I am going to go ahead and use the resource next year. My daughter is all fun and all play. But I really enjoyed using the book with my oldest. She was also 10 when we started RtR. She never felt like that book ended her childhood. But she was also moving into that stage naturally of not wanting to play with toys as much. My son has also transitions and he is 11, without a book mind you. Personally, I felt like many of the character lessons were just that, things to ponder and think about. But definitely pray about it and don't include it if you feel led not too.

I also think that it is a great idea to include those other two resources that you mentioned. My oldest started RtR when she was 10 and was definitely starting to develop breasts by the time we read the book on how your body changes. She also started per period on her 12th birthday (happy birthday :lol: :lol: ) so the timing of that book was perfect. I will say, she did already know most of the things discussed in both of those books but they were helpful resources
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM