End of chap. ?? A First Book in Am. History

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gwenny

End of chap. ?? A First Book in Am. History

Post by Gwenny » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:03 am

I was just reading an old week in review from Julie about going on the questions at the end of the chapter in "A First Book in Am. History" with her son. Oops! I've never gone over those questions. :oops: I think I thought that it wasn't very CM to do those because we do the narrations, etc. Should I start?
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

Nealewill

Re: End of chap. ?? A First Book in Am. History

Post by Nealewill » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:00 am

I never do those questions either. I don't think it is required. With my son, we are working on narrations skills. He does not do such a great job with answering questions like this but if we narrate the story, he does a great job walking through it. I guess I could ask him the questions after that - because him narrating back to me helps him make a movie of it in his mind - but we just don't :-)
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

daybreaking

Re: End of chap. ?? A First Book in Am. History

Post by daybreaking » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 am

I asked Carrie this question a few years ago and this was her answer:
~~~~~
Re: History in Bigger is draaaaging...

Postby Carrie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 pm
daybreaking,

This is a great question! :D You do not need to be doing the questions in the Eggleston book at the end of the readings. The follow-ups in the Bigger guide replace this. :D

Blessings,
Carrie
~~~~~
Here's the link to the whole thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12633

BTW, do you have a link for Julie's comments? I'd be interested in reading them.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16