started LHTH this week with 3 yo

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Gwenny

started LHTH this week with 3 yo

Post by Gwenny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm

I just started LHTH this week with my 3 yo. I always spend some time with her right before her nap reading several books. I feel like I'm so busy in the morning and that's a good time for me to be with her while the rest clean up lunch. I decided to try doing LHTH with her up in her room before nap and then just read one book in bed with her. She LOVES it--she loves the rhyme. Obviously, we aren't doing the projects up there, but after nap I can get her started on a project as I'm a LITTLE more free. I'm sure we will go slowly, but she loves it.
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

holyhart

Re: started LHTH this week with 3 yo

Post by holyhart » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am

Very sweet!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

MelInKansas

Re: started LHTH this week with 3 yo

Post by MelInKansas » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:33 pm

That's exactly when I used to do it with my now 5 year old when she was 3. It was a sweet time to spend with her right before her nap and fit well into our day. If I was really on top of things I would do the activity while the other kids were at the table in the morning, but usually I wasn't that with it. Somehow we got it all done over the course of 2 years and she was more than ready for LHFHG when she was 5. Sweet memories. My son is almost 3 so I am considering when to try to start it with him.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven