Please pray for my family!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ksoods

Please pray for my family!

Post by ksoods » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:42 am

I have some absolutely horrific news to share. Yesterday I had a memorial service for my dear husband and the father of my children. This happened after a drunk driver kid hit him on his way home from work very late Monday nite. I am so angry at that driver, who happened to be 22 yrs old and obviously was not thinking about what consequences could happen with getting behind the wheel. He ran from the scene but was caught and is now in jail. I am trying hard not to let my kids see my anger, but it is really hard right now. I am just reaching out to this group because I know there is so much encouragement to be found here. Please pray much for my family, the kids miss their daddy and don't totally understand what is happening. I miss my hubby who was such a great man of God and also such a great calming influence to me every day. I am at a loss for what the future may hold for my family raising 3 kiddos by myself and really quite fearful. Please pray for us!

DS6 - Using Beyond
DD4 - Working on writing letters
DD10 mo - crawling and getting into everything!

Mumkins

Re: Please pray for my family!

Post by Mumkins » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:44 am

How tragic! I am so sorry. Praying for you and your children. May the Holy Spirit comfort you during this time.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

farmfamily

Post by farmfamily » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:55 am

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear what has happened to your family. I am praying for you this morning. May God comfort you & give you direction on His plans for your future and that of your children.
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!

annaz

Post by annaz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 am

I will pray for your family. ((()))
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

michiganmama

Post by michiganmama » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:37 am

You Dear Lady, I am so, so sorry for your loss and the grief that you are bearing in your heart. You're such a good mama to try to be strong for your children, but you don't have to be strong all the time. When they see you reach out to others for help, they'll see such a good roll model. Especially when they see you rely on God and His strength through this.

Please ask for help when you need it, cry when you need to. I do offer sincere prayers to the Father on your behalf. He sees you and is the only one who can heal your brokenness. Don't go this alone.

Hugs and prayers.
Christine~Mom of 3 wonderful people:
DS 19 self-proclaimed gear-head~Army Reserves/College student
DS 15 wickedly witty~10th grade World History
DD 6 3/4 "life is an adventure" ~2nd grade BLHFHG

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:40 am

That's awful. I'm so sorry for your loss; I pray that God will be close to you during this time of healing, that His grace and peace will be very apparent to you, that he will supply the strength and wisdom you need to be there for your kids right now and in the future.
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing

Jennymommy

Post by Jennymommy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:41 am

Lord God be with you and Holy Spirit guide you. I pray that you will have ladies around to comfort you and help with everyday things...it is nesesary.

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm so sorry and will pray for you and your children and for anyone that is near you that they will be Jesus to you in the everyday.
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

psreit

Post by psreit » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:33 pm

I am so sorry! I will be praying for you. Our hope is Jesus. Allow His Holy Spirit to comfort you. It would be good for you to talk to someone who has been through something like this. There is a lady in our church who lost her husband a little over six years ago. She had 6 very young children and was expecting her seventh when he passed away. If you would like to get in touch with her, PM me. I'm sure she would be happy to talk to you and encourage you. God gives us family and friends to offer support. He will give you what you need to get through this. Just keep your eyes on Him and stay in His Word. God bless you and your children.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

queenireneof3

Post by queenireneof3 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:44 pm

I am so sorry! I will definitely pray for you. Grief is such a weird thing. It might help to google "grief" just to get an idea of the normal cycle of emotions you will be going through. Anger, denial, numbness, depression, are all normal reactions. Definitely talk to someone and stay close to the body of Christ. You don't have to be strong by yourself. Christ will strengthen you and your kids will see Him in you. I will pray for you all as you move forward from this.
Sara Irene
wife to Brett for 16 years already!
mommy of ds B (13yo), dd S (11yo), ds S (7yo), dd (3 yo), dd (1.5yo), and two who went to meet Jesus 3/5/2014 and 7/23/14

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:29 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be lifting your family up in prayers. God will give you the strength to go through this trial.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Words can not express my condolences for you and your family. May God be with you now, holding you up, and bringing you through this. I pray you find rest in our Heavenly Father and that He brings people to you quickly to help you through this situation. I am praying for you!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Thank you for sharing here so that we may come alongside you in prayer. I am praying fervently for you and your family.
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:55 am

I am praying for your family continually as God brings you to my mind. May God bring peace and comfort to your heart and soul and provide for every need that you have.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Lifting up you and your family in prayer
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD