DS has tears of joy!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
rgrindle

DS has tears of joy!

Post by rgrindle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:38 pm

When my ODS went through BLHFHG, he never said anything negative about "Morning Bells" (he's just happy whenever I'm reading something to him), but he never said he liked it or wanted to delve deeper through discussions about the readings. Now that YDS (7) is in Bigger, I've once again read Morning Bells as scheduled, though I secretly wondered if the readings were too confusing or falling on deaf ears. When I pulled it out for today's lesson (unit 10), he gave me a huge hug and said, "This is my favorite book. I get tears of joy when you read it. When we finish it, I want to keep it by my bed so I can read it every morning. Then I can read it to my kids when they're babies so they can learn about God." Why am I so quick to doubt God's ability to speak to my children's hearts?

Thank you, Carrie, for your curriculum choices. You have been such a blessing to our family.
DS(13.5) - Rev2Rev, R&S Grammar 6, Principles of Math 1
DS(12) - Res2Ref, R&S Grammar 5, Singapore Math 6

abrightmom

Re: DS has tears of joy!

Post by abrightmom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 pm

To God be the glory! :D
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 am

Wonderful! Our children take in more than we know many times. If we surround them with God's word, they will take it to heart.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh my! This brought tears of joy to my eyes! It always amazes me the way that books like Morning Bells and Little Pillows speak to kiddos' hearts. I experienced this with some of my boys as well, often when I wasn't even sure they were getting anything out of it. :D The Lord uses moments like these to quiet children's hearts to hear His words and let them sink in.

Thanks so much for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:49 pm

My reaction while reading your post: "uuuuhhhhhhhhm... Wow. ...WOW!" *big eyes*

Truly, that is wonderful. What a cool lil' dude you have.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

jjn3beans

Post by jjn3beans » Sat May 02, 2015 9:34 pm

That is so wonderful. My heart constricted a bit when you asked why you were so quick to doubt the Lord speaking to your children. I, too, have doubts about this, and your posts has softened my heart to seeing the Lord working in their lives.

And can I say something else? I feel like the Lord is leading me to HOD right now to bring life to the girls' relationship with Him. We read Scripture everyday, but it has become passive (like the rest of our school), and I think I haven't been leading them as I should. :oops: I wonder if we shouldn't focus on Him for awhile to awaken their hearts to His presence in the everyday things of their lives.
Julie
DD15, DD13 (MtMM + some WG)
DD11 (Preparing)

Candice

Post by Candice » Sat May 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this. Such beautiful sentiments from your son : ) Praise God.

And praise God, jjn3beans, as He leads you and your girls : )

What a great thread this is.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun May 03, 2015 4:57 pm

I am praising the Lord with you today!!! :D These little books got into my sons' hearts too. What a blessing!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie