Clarifying release information

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof2n2

Clarifying release information

Post by momof2n2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello fellow HOD friends.

I have not been on the board in some time, but as I made some time this evening to begin planning for the fall I came directly to HOD!
I had not realized that Carrie had been ill! Carrie, we will add you to our family prayers! We VERY much appreciate your gift to our family. I don't know what our homeschool would look like without you and HOD. It's been our spine!

I've taken some time to read through threads and follow links to other threads, etc. I *think* I may have a good understanding of future release plans, but I do want to clarify it to be sure I am getting things right.

For those of us who are planning to use World History this fall, we should be able to order and obtain that guidebook over the summer/after mid-May?
I had planned to also purchase the next guidebook as we wanted to tackled Chemistry for my son's tenth grade year. If I read correctly, THAT guide book will NOT be available as a full guidebook until probably (?) next May? BUT - (?) it sounds like I could purchase that guidebook in two-week increments, and then purchase the full guidebook next May if I want a bound book (which I would with five other kids coming along after him).

I pray that my post is not in anyway distasteful. I truly am seeking clarity. For sure we will pray for "Mrs. Austin", whom we talk about regularly in our home. "Why do you think Mrs. Austin picked THIS poem for this unit?" Etc. ♥

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Clarifying release information

Post by Carrie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Yes! You are correct! :D We are writing and releasing the World History Guide in real-time right now, as I am staying ahead of my second oldest son by about two weeks. This allows us time to get the notebook pages designed, and the plans edited before we send them to our customers. :D

The year has gone very well writing this way. This thread sheds more light on the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15795&hilit=us+history+guide

We plan to continue this way for American History. I am planning to begin sharing sneak peeks for the new guide coming up in April through June. :D

I appreciate your prayers. My all-out vertigo episodes seem to have subsided, leaving me with a varying sense of continual imbalance, ear fullness, and varying levels of plugged hearing in my left ear. My eyes fatigue more easily and with my balance being off, I must choose which things to limit that tax my system (i.e. like grocery shopping, driving, extensive computer use and reading, and other activities where there is much motion around me or that require much focused eye concentration). I am thankful that I am not worse, although coming up on my one-year anniversary of when this began I am wishing it were gone. :wink: I see a vestibular rehabilation therapist who does help, as my diagnosis appears to be labyrinthitis. As with anything inner ear related, only time will truly tell!

I know that many on this board have struggles with health that are much more difficult than mine! I applaude each of you as you go forward each day in spite of health difficulties! :D The Lord is truly faithful and is our Rock on whom we lean. I am so glad to be able to join with each of you as we travel this homeschool path that is often not easy. But if it were easy, we would have less reasons to turn to the Lord!

Blessings,
Carrie