another Guide question :)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
melissamomof3girls

another Guide question :)

Post by melissamomof3girls » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Note: We are doing MFW Creation to Greeks this year. My girls are 2nd, 4th, and 6th right now.

If we switch back to HOD this fall, I am confident my oldest will do great moving right into Res to Ref.

But, I am not sure what to do with the next two. I think they can go together and do well. Even though they are a few weeks shy of 2 years apart, I think their writing and listening skills are pretty comparable.

So, my options for the next two girls would be to put both in Preparing, or, I could put younger in Bigger and older in Preparing.

But, what happens if a child hits MTM in 9th grade? Would you skip it and move right to the high school course?

Also, for those two younger daughters...should I do CTC with them when it falls in the cycle even though we just did MFW CTG this year? I'm thinking yes, since even though it is the same time period, it's a different program and will be another year down the road? Plus the skills included in the guide.
Melissa mama to
19 yo dd
17 yo dd
15 yo dd
12 yo ds
8 yo dd

Jennymommy

Re: another Guide question :)

Post by Jennymommy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:55 pm

So, my youngest will likely do MTMM in 9th. There are several posts about making it hs credit worthy, and having gone through it with my oldest in 8th, it was plenty challenging for hs. We did do some extensions with him. As for re-doing the CTC time period, you are right to repeat as the skills addressed will prepare them for the next guide. I did put my youngest in a level he was not prepared for, and we missed so much as we skipped boxes or activities just to keep him from burning out. We are now taking things slow so as to catch up those skills.